Thursday, January 06, 2005

Happy New Year...

The Wolfpack has been very busy since the holiday season, shifting gears to support Operation Unified Assurance, the Humanitarian Assistance/Disaster Relief efforts in affected areas. Plans to go ashore change about every five minutes out here, but the Marines are adapting well and staying optimistic about what they might bring to the fight for relief. As of now, we're still not sure how much help a Grunt unit will contribute, so we just hang in there, day by day, hoping to get a little action somewhere.

All-in-all, the Marines are doing great. A bunch of characters in this platoon, that's for sure. They keep me on my feet, but I stay on top by working their tails off. What I do have to fall back on is the fact that I can kick all their butts if it ever came down to it. You may hear from some of them that they shaved my head against my will, but it took about half the platoon to accomplish.

Right now, we're standing by to go ashore in Indonesia. The Wolfpack is acting as a react force to any type of threat that may present itself in the relief efforts. We are on 24 hr. standby, bringing speed and power to any situation. To be trusted by the entire MEU(SOC) to take up this mission, it shows the confidence that is had in your Marines.

The strength of the wolf is the Pack...

"Alpha Wolf"
3rd Plt Cmdr

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Working hard, doing what you do. Like always, you make me proud. Keep up the hard work and dedication. I love you!

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home