Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Sgt Joseph Dyas...

Sgt Joseph Dyas...

1: Being a Marine has been a dream come true since I was in the thrid grade. I was in 1/1, C Co, 3rd plt from 96-01 and then went to Virginia to teach at security forces. Virginia was nice but I wasn't around the real Marines ( Grunts ) and I missed them so I came on back to 1/1. My wife has been very supportive of me since we were in high school.

2: The people most influential to me have been my dad and my wife. Both of them because they have worked their tails off for everything they have. When times have been tough they kept pushing and have been a success.

3: Bestfriend, without hesitation, is my lovely wife, Jamie. We have known each other for over ten years now and it is terrific. It's funny that we started in HS and now we're here. Who would have ever guessed?

4: My ideal vacation would be to go to the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania and stay there for a week or so. Also, another cruise would be nice ( hint hint hint ).

5: Favorite food is anything that I don't have to cook myself. I love lasanga, pizza, and steak, not always in that order though. I enjoy going to the olive garden as well. Cars, I really don't care about as long as they get me from one point to another safely. I'd like to get a truck when we get back though. It's a guy thing. Io really favorite band but if i had to pick one it would be AC/DC. No real favorite actor or actress but Harrison Ford and Robert Redford movies I like.

6: I have two English bulldogs named Chesty and Cammie. Chesty is almost 3 and we got him 3 years ago the day after my birthday as a present from Jamie. Well, I really put her up to it. Cammie, I think just turned one and she is a ball of fire. Not as fat as Chesty, for those of you that have seen them before.

7: The reason I joined the Marine Corps is kind of strange so I'll leave it out so as to not scare the kids and the other family members that read this. My first six months I wanted out and there wasn't a chance I'd stay in. Now after almost nine years, I still love what I do. One, I love being called a Marine, especially by my old man ( dad ). That I will never forget. September 6, 1996 graduation day from boot camp. He always called me son or Joseph, but the first person I saw after we graduated to call me a Marine was him. What keeps me going in the gun club is the younger guys coming in and the sense of pride. The younger ones really keep me on my toes to say the least. I wouldn't be doing this without the support of my wife either. She has been the best and hopefully these next 11 years go by quickly. My family, and when the time comes, children are the most important. I want the chance to do things while I am still young and enjoy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe:
Looking forward to having you home - we miss having some men folk around here. Be safe and row faster!

Those crazy bitches next door

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats going on Joe? Glad to see you are doing well and it look likes you are keeping the pounds of fat off. Well, I'm putting on those few pounds thanks to your wife. All is good here and hope for your safe return and hope to hear from you soon


Love
Munchin

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Joseph: You look good son. I am very very proud of you and the other men in your company. People back here in "the world" support you 100% and are glad that we now have men like you to protect us old folk. Looking forward to your safe return.
Love, Dad

6:51 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

Joe,

Aunt Corinne and I are so proud of you and Jamie, making a life for you and your family. Keep up the good work!

We have to come out to Cali when we can spend more time with you. Or you can always stop in here on your way to the Poconos.

We love you.

Uncle Mart

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home