Tuesday, May 03, 2005

LCpl Scott Heuman...

LCpl Scott Heuman...

#1: Since I was a kid, the words "Marine" and "Marine Corps" always struck a cord in my mind. Maybe it was how my dad talked about my grandpa and his WWII experiences, the way people say "send in the Marines" when they face a seemingly insurmountable task, or maybe it was from watching too many war movies. What ever it was, I knew it was a sacred institution. It's hard not to notice former Marines driving by, honking and screaming "Semper Fi" at my neighbor's Marine Corps flag. It was as if these Marines had some piece of amazing super-secret knowledge that they were sworn to keep to themselves. To me, "Marine" means kicking A-- plain and simple. Who wouldn't want to be a part of that?

#2: I hate to say it, but chaos is good for our profession. But in a fantasy world I would like to figure out a way to reduce the worlds population. I dont mean "Nuke the world," but in my eyes the vast majority of earth's problems stem from this one factor.

#3: Too many to name! I suppose my folks... I don't really think of that stuff as much these days being that I'm a senior citizen! At least here in the Marine Corps it feels that way.

#4: My Fiance Lisa Amundsen and my good ol' buddie Albert Torres!

#5: I have no Idol I can think of. I love little kids and dogs. Nothing
in the world can make me unwind like a dog. Other than getting married to Lisa, my one big goal is to have my own dog in a place where I can take good care of it.

#6: An Ideal vacation for me is a road trip. Something spontaneous. I'd be with my friends and we would be headed somewhere with a purpose. I enjoy things much better if I am striving to meet a goal. my greatest vacation was a road trip my friend Albee and I took. We had to drive all of his aunt's stuff across country in a BEATER old moving van. We had everything go wrong along the way. There were times I thought I wasnt going to survive, and more than once I thought I was going to have to kill albee. I'm sure he felt the same way. But looking back, it was a hell of an adventure, and we grew closer than ever. I'm not in to typical beach vacations, or cruise liner trips. A real vacation is one where you need another vacation when you're done.

#7: My favorite car(s)... this could go on forever. Any Mopar muscle car from 1968-70. also a 1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL. And I can forget my old favorite little 1986 Merkur XR4ti! My favorite band is Pink Floyd-Roger Waters. Very well crafted intelectual music, that is all too often looked at as stoner music. Any real fan of Floyd knows thats not what its about at all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Nice to meet you! Oh, and by the way... give it a couple more years and you can use my van! Hahahahaha!

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Babe! Can't wait for you to come home; I love you and I miss you, see you very soon!!!

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott, you bastard. I've been trying to track you down. You don't have a listed phone number. Marines huh? Nice. I miss you buddy. It would be good to hear from you again.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home