Thursday, May 05, 2005

Sgt Curtis Ross...

Sgt Curtis Ross...

1. Being a Marine is one of the greatest accomplishments that any one person can achieve. Someone once told me that being a Marine means that I get to do what everyone sees in movies on a daily basis. While I do not think that being a Marine is that intriguing all of the time, I do take pride in the fact that at any moment I can be called to save someone's life or make the world a safer place.

2. I have often thought about the standard "Miss America" question and the answer is just not that simple. World peace would be nice to make this planet a better place to live but that is not the solution. The world needs strong men and women who will stand up for what they believe in and what is right. Those kind of strong leaders also need to act on their beliefs and fight one moral and righteous battle at a time. We, as a society as a whole, need to start doing the right things because they are the right things to do, and then I think this world can be a better, safer and more peaceful place to exist.

3. My dad has been the most influential person in my life. He taught me so many things and always guided me with firmness and fairness. I, in turn, try everyday to lead my Marines the same way. If I could only accomplish half of what my dad has achieved, I will consider my life successful.

4. My best friend is my wife. We have known each other and been together for almost eight years. She knows all my faults and weaknesses and she still loves me as well as encourages me to become a better person, husband and father everyday.

5. My ideal vacation would be me with my family by ourselves on a huge boat doing nothing but fishing and sailing to exotic ports for a month.

6. My favorite car would have to be a 69' Camaro SS. I had the opportunity to acquire one years ago but didn't. Sometimes I still regret that. That car symbolizes so much for me. Power, speed with sleek lines and elegance.

I would just like to add a few personal comments to my friends an family. I want to thank all of you for your support over the years as my military career comes to an end. I know that sometimes it has been very difficult. Thank you all and I love you.

Curtis


**Platoon Commander's Note: Sgt Ross will be receiving a Navy Commendation Medal at a MEU formation to be held on 09 May 05. He is one of two Marines representing the battalion. Sgt Ross brings great credit to himself and, once again, shows that Third Platoon leads the way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Nice to meet you, Curtis! I enjoyed reading your blog and I can't wait until the whole platoon comes home. I'll see ya then!

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home