Saturday, May 07, 2005

LCpl Elliot Partin...

LCpl Elliot Partin...

1. What does it mean to be a Marine?

-Its a great personal accomplisment and gives me a sense of pride being part of the Marine Corps. It means I am a part of an orginization that makes history and makes a difference in the world.

2. One thing better in the world?

-End to conflict. It sounds odd for an infantryman to say that but it's an honest answer. Without conflict our world I think would be a better place. Don't overthink it though, I know and understand there are dictators and despots I'd just like to stop seeing young men, sometimes entire generations destroyed by grand politics and misguided policies.

3. Who was most influential in your life?

-My Father. He has been the person I have guided my life off of. I've looked at the examples he has set for me, his past and history and based my own choices off of that because I respect my father as a great role model.

4. Who is your best fried?

-I cannot choose just one best friend, life dictates who I spend my time with. Currently I'd have to pick Lcpl Scott Hueman. A fellow Seattleite and all around interesting person. He has made my time in the Marine Corps much more enjoyable.

5. Ideal Vacation?

-Backpacking more of the world.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ell it's good to see you with your chin up and facing the world straight on. Fresh (not vacuumed sealed) Brownies when you get home and a bruch at Salty's so you can break your current 12 plate (post England)record. To say nothing all the of Salmom you can eat and Gunner trying to sit in your lap.
All my love Mom

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you still got your chin up bro. Can't wait to have you up in Canuck-ville and get some real beer in ya at my weddin. Thanks again for putting yourself out there for the better of us lackies. Even a "liberal" :P has to appreciate what you guys put on the line regardless of what you are doing. I just wanted to say thanks and please pass it on to all that you can. Cheers from Canuckstania(canada)

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's wonderful to see you Ell. We miss you and can't wait for your return. I love your ideas of less conflict in this world. Let's raise a glass to that one and keep you all on the homefront. You know your dad and Uncle Jim were always on my most influencial lists too. We keep good company.
Happy Birthday
All my love,
your cousin Chrissy

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats up Dolly sure was fun being with u on ship. don't let the pencil pushing job get to u. one of these days ur will be in my shoes. And that out of the Marines

RayRay

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home